Month End Close
- Prepare journal entries for month-end close
- Reconcile and balance inter-company accounts between sales, gift cards, expense and A/R.
- Prepare account reconciliations including bank reconciliations
- Prepare sales tax filings
- Prepare payroll journal entries.
- Record cash receipts and monitor receivable balances
- Prepare monthly statements for review with Senior Staff Accountant and Controller
- Review customer aging and ensure application of proper payments received
- Monitor cash activity and record transfers and drawer fills
- Assist in process improvement for accounts payable
- Input, process and review A/P items on a regular basis.
- Responsible for daily accounting activities and managing workflow
- Review assets, liabilities and accruals
- Assist in establishing and documenting standard operating procedures
- Identify areas for process improvement and assist in the design and implementation of improvements
Education / Experience:
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business required, with a strong understanding of GAAP. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 4-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Experience in retail, restaurant or manufacturing preferred
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- High proficiency in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, reliable
- Detailed oriented, professional attitude, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of cost accounting principles preferred
- Strong problem-solving, research and analysis skills
- Experience with an ERP system (Great Plains preferred, but not required)
- Ability to adapt, grow and change with the business