The Assistant Shop Manager will support the Shop Manager in the following areas:
- Act as the Manager on Duty (MOD) when Shop Manager is not present.
- Demonstrate high standards of Client service and brand image.
- Educate Employees and encourage upselling of services and retail.
- Participate in the interviewing, hiring, and orientation process.
- Communication of company updates including service and sales promotions, education and marketing events, and operational initiatives in monthly shop meetings.
- Participate in Month End, Inventory and Purchase Order management.
- Attend at least one management meeting per quarter.
- Have knowledge of state Barbering and Cosmetology rules and regulations. Enforce and hold Employees accountable for complying.
- Maintain safety, follow and enforce all policies and procedures of Floyd’s 99.
- Provide input to Shop Manager on employee performance and conduct. Report any/all concerns and issues to the Shop Manager in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned by Shop Manager.
Who you are:
- You focus on developing others to be their best self
- You have the courage to take risks to achieve your goals
- You inspire those around you and know that positivity impacts the employee experience
- You are confident and inspire others to put their best foot forward
- You are willing to do the right thing even when no one is looking
- You are strong and decisive but also humble
- 1 or more years of relevant work experience in a supervisory/management capacity
- Active Cosmetology or Barber license
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to build and promote a culture of service and teamwork.