You have not viewed any products recently.
A Rock n’ Roll Barbershop for Men and Women
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Floyd’s 99 Barbershop is a rock n’ roll-themed barbershop for men and women with more than one hundred shops across the United States. Established in 1999 by brothers Paul, Bill and Rob O’Brien, the privately-owned company was created with a vision of providing old-school barbershop client service with a new-school vibe and on-trend cuts.
The brothers opened the doors to their first shop in Denver, Colorado, in 2001 with a focus on providing exemplary service in a welcoming environment. The O’Brien brothers’ passion for service and experience has shaped Floyd’s 99 and its staff, producing the magnetic atmosphere that draws its loyal clientele who return time and time again.
The name “Floyd’s 99” was a collective effort. The inspiration came from the brothers’ wanting an old-school name that was easy to remember. The 99 comes from the year Floyd’s was established.
The Floyd’s 99 Service Experience
- Employing talented stylists and barbers, Floyd’s 99 Barbershop’s offers a full range of services for men and women. In addition to expertly crafted haircuts, color, and waxing, Floyd’s 99 is known for its classic straight-razor neck shave with hot lather and steamed towels; and for offering clients a complimentary shoulder massage after their service.
- While men make up a large portion of Floyd’s 99’s clientele, the barbershops also offer a full menu of services for women including cuts, color services, deep conditioning treatments, styling and facial waxing.
- Floyd’s 99 strives to create a welcoming, all-inclusive environment where each Client feels valued and comfortable expressing their individual style.
Décor & Vibe
- Floyd’s 99’s signature rock n’ roll poster wall is plastered with a time machine of music memorabilia. The murals are made of vintage rock n’ roll posters, highlighting relevant artists from each region. This helps to give each space a distinctive and authentic feel.
- The interior expresses a retro vibe with a modern twist, and includes stainless countertops, a shampoo bowl at each station and plasma televisions
- Floyd’s 99 Radio is a proprietary radio station that plays in every shop location. The custom station plays into the culture and is an important element used to create the high-level energy that is representative of the brand. Floyd’s 99 is a place music is worth turning up and where everyone can proudly let their individuality shine.
Floyd’s 99 Product Line
- To further enhance and personalize each service, Floyd’s created its own grooming line to allow the client to take home a piece of the experience received in the shop. Floyd’s exclusive formulas were developed and tested by their very own experienced stylists and barbers and are sold exclusively in Floyd’s 99 Barbershops.
- The Floyd’s 99 Grooming line includes shampoo, conditioner, refresh body and hair conditioner, molding paste, styling cream, grip cream, texture powder, slick pomade, and NEW Stronghold pomade.
- Each of the Floyd’s 99 grooming line products are DEA, sulfate and paraben-free.
- The Floyd’s 99 prides itself on offering paid, continued the education for their barbers and stylists. Classes begin as soon as an employee is hired and include a educations that start at an introductory level and continues to more advanced levels to help the employee grow their skills throughout their career
- The Floyd’s 99 Academy is comprised of Floyd’s 99 employees that make up an expert team of National educators, Regional educators, and Color specialist, who teach a variety of courses on hairstyling, color, and skin services.
- Barber and stylist education classes taught through the Academy include clipper, shear, shave, women’s technical courses, and more. The classes are designed to build confidence in using the tools that are necessary to create every type of haircut
- Floyd’s 99 is actively involved in the communities where they reside. In addition to fundraising, they are intimately connected with local charities, schools, arts programs, businesses, and other institutions
- The Floyd’s 99 Family has many personal connections to Type 1 Diabetes, and became a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) national partner in 2012 and has raised over $1 million for type one diabetes research.
- In the summer of 2014, Floyd’s 99 launched the Floyd’s 99 Barberbus™ – a full-service Floyd’s 99 Barbershop on wheels. The Barberbus™ allows them to get out into the community, fundraise for various non-profits and provide haircuts to those unable to regularly access hair care services
- As part of a larger campaign, the Floyd’s 99 Barberbus is giving back to the community by donating summer 2017 proceeds to Andrew McMahon’s personal charity, The Dear Jack Foundation. The foundation supports positive health outcomes for adolescents, ages 15-39, diagnosed with cancer.
- Floyd’s currently has over 32 franchise-owned shops in six markets and continues to grow.
- The business is currently seeking like-minded franchise partners that share in the company’s values, strive for excellence, and aim to grow and improve within the company.
- Parties interested in discussing Floyd’s 99 franchise opportunities should submit an inquiry through the “contact us” page.
About Floyd’s 99 Barbershop
- Floyd’s 99 Barbershop is a family-owned company, established in 1999 by brothers Paul, Rob, and Bill O’Brien on the principle that success is driven by providing superior client service and that happy employees results in happy clients. With an old-school/new-style mentality, it mixes an old-school approach to providing excellent service with the new style appeal of on trend cuts and an experienced, talented staff. From the diverse styles and personalities of the stylists and barbers, to the signature rock and roll poster wall plastered with a time machine of music memorabilia, Floyd’s 99 is creating a welcoming, all-inclusive environment where each person who walks into the shops feels valued, cared for and comfortable to express their individual style. Floyd’s 99 Barbershop operates 114 locations in 13 states, including AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, PA, TX and VA.